Welcome!

This is Hallyu Central, the best Kpop forum! Register with us and enjoy your experience here!

SignUp Now!

Official digital sales thread

Juanlag

Forum admin
Married to buttercup
Administrator
Reaction score
Koins
Pronouns
He/Him
didn't hyori only write the lyrics?
Oh I just saw the announcement of the collab, I'm not sure how it's going to be exactly.
If it's that I'm not expecting a hit, Soyou flopped these last couple of years so now with the new chart system it will probably be even worse

zx1

Netizen Dinner
Reaction score
Koins
I wouldn't even think 3 songs is possible ngl
Rip then. The title track will probably be a more upbeat song. 'Gone' was basically a ballad. Well at least its better than jennie's one which was only 1 song
It looks like YG will not be doing any preorders as well. I'd imagine Rosé will at least double the 80+k albums sold by jennie in 2018.
I think Rosé's sales and charting will be very interesting, and a good gauge of just how strong they are individually.

RoNNieTP

Nugu
Reaction score
Koins
Mong also had two single releases last year that didnt do to well either..

tbh rollin' baffles me abit, it's supposed to be a song going viral because of the fanmade movie, but the video in question doesnt really have super amazing view count, like around 500k/day now at most, and going by comments 1/3 of the views are english, mostly speaking about how its going viral.

IMO, I think the hype it got initially was because it started to rise somewhat fast on bugs, genie then melon when it started charting in top 1000, which probably only requires a few thousand UL's at most, which was probably helped by the long weekend and low ul's in general as well.
With that the hype came more from people speaking about how it was rising than the actual clip in question.

What's the current melon UL?
The video had almost 2 Millions view in the first 3 days which was even before they appeared in any charts or any international fans took any notice to them at all. I consider this a big viral video. And right now it's 4.5 Millions view in 1 week, that's really a lot. I don't know how many views you expect it to have...10-15 Millions view? That would be a legendary national level hit if it happened.

Kreatin

Netizen Dinner
Reaction score
Koins
The video had almost 2 Millions view in the first 3 days which was even before they appeared in any charts or any international fans took any notice to them at all. I consider this a big viral video. And right now it's 4.5 Millions view in 1 week, that's really a lot. I don't know how many views you expect it to have...10-15 Millions view? That would be a legendary national level hit if it happened.
Don't get me wrong it's very good (didnt know about 2m in first 3 days). Just that with the fast rise and hype i'd expect even more views, but just noticed there's another version of the song uploaded three days ago with 1,8m views, so the views are getting spread out as well.

Kreatin

Netizen Dinner
Reaction score
Koins
Rose's upcoming being a single album feels very YG..

--
Rollin at 227k UL and have entered top 5 on melon. Another 30k something and it could grab #3 from dynamite, 40-45k I'm guessing for #2. Not sure about replacing celebrity tho, relatively speaking the gap is huge, over 200k UL increase needed, would be seriously impressive if it manages that.

zx1

Netizen Dinner
Reaction score
Koins
Still cant believe the state of gaon digitals now.

DTM and Beach Again, both massive starts, at 380M and 580M respectively.

ICSM had a little bit btr longetivity than FS and More&More but 190M digital points, thats like Ice Cream level.

Dumdi Dumdi supposedly a 'hit' but 269M digital points

HYLT and LSG probs top 3 gg hit of last year with Dolphin/ Nonstop but all less than 700M digital points. HYLT was losing to Psycho in points gained per week for the past weeks for same amt of time past despite being 10+ positions higher. Next week might be the first week it gains back the lead.

LSG too early to tell, alittle bit btr longetivity than HYLT, Nonstop, nt at dolphin level yet unless it maintains the same digitals for the next 4-5 weeks. Its start tho means that it is already playing a catching-up game against HYLT

OMG's songs might be the only ones actually pulling their weight. They have some serious longetivity.

Earlier 2020 songs like wannabe and fiesta, labelled as 'hits' hover ard 400M points. In 2019 KTL had 550M+ and it wasnt even thought of as a hit in korea, ppl say its minor at best. We had Fancy being thrown ard as one of Twice's less well performing song at 650M+.

Is our hit standards for songs dropping or is it just adjusting to how well gaon points are gained in a certain year?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom